Dear SCCS Families & Friends,
As we enter a new pandemic phase, with increased access to COVID information, vaccination, testing, and treatment, school protocols continue to evolve and now provide for greater flexibility and less disruption.
Changes to the most current CDC Operational Guidance include:
- Elimination of the test-to-stay recommendation
- Elimination of temperature checks as students enter the school
- Removal of the recommendation to pod or cohort
- Removal of the recommendation to quarantine if asymptomatic.
- When exposed to a COVID-19 positive individual, wear a mask and get tested.
The school nurses are excellent resources if you have questions. The nurses can provide testing kits for home use and even test students & staff at school upon request. A FAQ document for parents can be located in the right-hand margin of this page.
The general rule is to remain home when you’re feeling ill.